As a leading provider of health care services, Chester County Hospital is endeavoring to be responsible stewards of the vaccines we received from the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH).
We are aware that the Pennsylvania Department of Health has expanded the 1A vaccine recipient category to include a number of other individuals and groups such as people age 65 and older, and those under 65 with certain health conditions.
If you are part of the expanded 1A recipient category (65 + years old or aged 16-64 with high-risk conditions), please CLICK HERE to apply for vaccination. We will evaluate our vaccine supply and staffing to determine if and when we can include you.
You can also call our COVID Vaccine Scheduling Center at 1-610-883-5410, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please Note: At this time, we have no first doses of vaccine available from the state. All appointments for the vaccine that we have on hand are full. Because of this, our scheduling center is currently closed.
Applying for vaccine with Chester County Hospital does not guarantee you will receive vaccine from us. You will be added to our list of 1A requestors and will be randomly selected for vaccine as the supply permits.
Please Note: This is a Temporary Service to our community until such time as other options become available.
You can also visit www.chesco.org to register for vaccine.
We appreciate your understanding and patience.
58.5% of Chester County Hospital's allocated vaccine supply has been administered to unaffiliated 1A Health Care personnel and 1A community members.
We will continue to provide vaccine to to eligible 1A citizens of Delaware and Chester Counties based on the following dependencies:
- COVID 19 Vaccine Availability
- Resource Availability: In order to safely administer vaccine, Chester County Hospital must have available personnel and physical space for inoculation, post vaccine monitoring and appropriate social distancing.
Once an individual receives their first vaccine at Chester County Hospital, they are expected to return to us for a second dose.
We DO NOT OFFER WALK-IN VACCINATIONS under any circumstances.
Please, do not come to Chester County Hospital without a prescheduled appointment.
Questions about the vaccine, potential side effects, its efficacy or the Emergency Use Authorization can be addressed by visiting the PA DOH website.
Phase 1A is the first vaccine distribution step. The vaccine is currently being distributed to:
- Long-term care facility residents
- Health care personnel including, but not limited to:
- Emergency medical service personnel
- Nursing assistants
- Dental hygienists
- Pharmacy technicians
- Health professions students and trainees
- Direct support professionals
- Clinical personnel in school settings or correctional facilities
- Contractual HCP not directly employed by the health care facility
- Persons not directly involved in patient care but potentially exposed to infectious material that can transmit disease among or from health care personnel and patients
- Persons ages 65 and older
- Persons ages 16-64 with high-risk conditions:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
- Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus